Sunday, April 13, 2008

whos stopping us

Tragedy of the commons. Its one of the many archetypes you can observe in the everyday world around us. If I look around I find this behavior quite rampant. Me first. this is the difference between a developing and a developed nation. Look at any queue, ticket counter we are in a hurry. Most traffic jams happen for the same reason. And so do the accidents I guess.

It results in a situation which is sub-optimal. If traffic could be cleared in X amount of time in a developed nation now it takes more than X here in a developing nation. I think now I know the difference between a developed and a developing nation. It is the tragedy of the commons. Better roads, infra, clean streets are the end result and not the starting point of a path towards becoming a developed nation.

No comments: